Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dr. Jart Premium BB cream review




Now that summer is in full swing, I decided to search for a more intense SPF than my long-time Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream (SPF 35), which has a combination of chemical and physical blocks. 

Dr. Jart's Premium BB cream (SPF 45) has wholly physical blocks (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide). I prefer physical blocks, which are most effective. But I also had issues with breakouts and high spf in some higher end brands - regardless of whether it was physical or chemical so a lot of the popular ones like Shiseido, Clinique, Dior and Clarins really clogged up my oily/combo skin. 

Dr. Jart seems to be working fine so far - some mild skin issues but in general this is a pretty good BB cream. Although it does not finish quite as matte as my previous Smashbox standby, it still stays up through the day without a lot of blotting. Its a bit pink upon application but oxidizes and sets less pinkish.

- FA

No comments:

Post a Comment